Star Wars Lightsaber Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lhowell

lhowell

One more I finished up before going out for shoulder surgery:

My nephew's birthday is coming up in June but being out of the shop for a minimum of 6 weeks and facing a 3-4 month rehab period I didnt know if I would have time to make this for him before his birthday.

I made the cap to look like a lightsaber hilt using black paint and copper and aluminum foil tape. The body of the pen was cast using flo green resin dye and green glow in the dark powder and used a chrome pen tube behind the body blank. The kit is a chrome Harold Jr. I felt that the knurled look on the cap helped reinforce the lightsaber look. I really wanted to do a closed end pen but knowing my nephew he would lose the cap if there was not a way to affix it to the pen while he writes with it.

If I ever get a metal lathe/mill I will make the cap out of aluminum and really make it look like a lightsaber hilt then!

Attachments

• IMG_4602.jpg
    IMG_4602.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_4603.jpg
    IMG_4603.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_4604.jpg
    IMG_4604.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Outstanding wouldn't describe it! Pen makers are showing some real unusual and unique designs that I feel inadequate making a pen out of wood or acrylic. :redface:

OZturner

Brilliant, Beautiful Pen, Lee.
Most Creative, I am sure he will be Delighted.
My thoughts, and Prayers are with you and your Medical Team, for your Surgery and Full Recovery.
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom