Stand with a difference!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kkwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkwall

Hi All,

This stand idea came about from my wife.

She wanted a wine stand with a difference, and had seen some of this type to support a bottle on a counter.

The thought process led to thinking if it would work for a pen.....and QED, it can!

It is more of a gimic than anything, and the kids particularly like it, but not sure how practical it is for holding a pen in a work setting, as you need both hands.

Anyway, I think it's cool, and have made a few now, thought I would share.

2006124223743_DSC00358.jpg

2006124223755_DSC00359.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by angboy
<br />How'd you know what size to make it and where to put the hole and everything else to be sure it would balance? It looks great!

The main thing is that the pen has to really want to balance in the stand. [:D][}:)][:D]

Stevej72

Great job, Kenny! What a cool idea. I sell wine bottle holders at my booth besides the pens. If you don't mind me trying to do that with a pen I think I will try it.

angboy

Originally posted by kent4Him
<br />It would make a good display at a show.

I'm impressed. Not every day you see someone use QED. You are speaking my language.

OK you two, quit talking so the rest of us can't understand you- what does QED mean? [:D]

kkwall

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback!

Anyone who wants to try it should certainly give it a try. It certainly is a good stand display.

The size of this is trial and error, but provided you make the hole big enough to allow the pen to move through it, then you can balance various pens and thicknesses/weights.

Tried to use it with a fountain pen, but it was too yjick, long and heavy, so would need to be longer. Give it a try.

emackrell

Originally posted by angboy

OK you two, quit talking so the rest of us can't understand you- what does QED mean? [:D]

(reaching WAY back for my Latin) Quod erat demonstrandum -- That which was to be demonstrated. Final line in a logical or mathematical proof.

cheers Eileen [8D]

Skye

Originally posted by emackrell
(reaching WAY back for my Latin) Quod erat demonstrandum -- That which was to be demonstrated. Final line in a logical or mathematical proof.

coughnerdcough! Whew, excuse me. [;)]

Rifleman1776

That could be used to show off a really 'braggin' type pen on a desk, like an Emporer.
I have made wine stands with that concept. The distance from the bottom to the center of the hole is critical and would vary with the pen intended.

Sylvanite

Originally posted by emackrell
<br />Quod erat demonstrandum [/i]-- That which was to be demonstrated. Final line in a logical or mathematical proof.
Lol - I remember people used to translate that as "Quite Easily Demonstrated". I preferred to think of it as "So there!".

Regards,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom