Stamp pens and some help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Linarestribe

Linarestribe

Hi folks,
Here are a his and hers set that is going to an auction. I need help with two questions they are asking. 1) What would the fair market value be and 2) Recommended minimum bid be? Any critiques welcome.

b950dc74.jpg

28c9e4cf.jpg

345dc70d.jpg

30da51c3.jpg

And for kicks here was the learning curve.

616528ab.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

Not sure what the Kit is or how much it cost but I would not value the blanks at any less than $25 each. I would expect them to go for $100 each. I would place the Min Bid at your costs to make sure they at least get what you gave out of it. After that is is any ones game.

Triple Crown

Great Looking Stamps Pens!

Really Nice! I like the placement of the stamps with some overlaps. Looks great! Like seeing your blanks too!

Sorry that I don't know what to say for market value...

I'm still very much in the learning curve. I have one successful stamps pen and two unsuccessful sets of stamps pen blanks.

Thanks for sharing these!:good: Good luck at the auction!

Greg

InvisibleMan

FMV depends on a lot, but for me, I'd put a minimum FMV at $260 ranging up to about $310 or so, depending on different factors.

I'd start the bidding at materials cost with a little extra for the work on the blanks (which look terrific BTW).

the type of auction and affluence of the participants will make a big difference.

G1Pens

FMV depends on a lot, but for me, I'd put a minimum FMV at $260 ranging up to about $310 or so, depending on different factors.

I'd start the bidding at materials cost with a little extra for the work on the blanks (which look terrific BTW).

the type of auction and affluence of the participants will make a big difference.

++1

Linarestribe

Triple Crown said:
I'm still very much in the learning curve. I have one successful stamps pen and two unsuccessful sets of stamps pen blanks.

Greg

I would fix one problem the another would arise. Usually it was resin issues. Too much catalyst then not enough. One was not putting a thick enough layer of ca which lifted the pr off all the low spots as it cured way to fast. One I destroyed when milling. The jr gent was my wife yanking the cap off instead twisting and breaking the threads. With all those mishaps you can only imagine how nervous I was to turn these.

Top Bottom