Stamp Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from marelton

marelton

The father of a friend of mine gave me some stamps from around the world so I experimented with a streamline kit and lots of patience (and CA!).

It turned out better than I expected. I will give it to my friend to give her father as a Christmas present as a thank you for the stamps.

Attachments

• PC120665.JPG
    PC120665.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 265
  • PC120666.JPG
    PC120666.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 206
  • PC120689.JPG
    PC120689.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
That looks very nice! I think that experiment warrants at least one more "repeat" just to make sure. :biggrin:

JohnU

That turned out very nice! Ive been wanting to try that for a while now to give to my postman. Hope mine looks half that good when done.

DennisM

That turned out very nice! Ive been wanting to try that for a while now to give to my postman. Hope mine looks half that good when done.

Yes but John, you would just cheat and cast it then turn and MM.. :) :)
That finish there came out really nice on that, I know the time it had to take, Nice job!

bobleibo

The father of a friend of mine gave me some stamps from around the world so I experimented with a streamline kit and lots of patience (and CA!).

It turned out better than I expected. I will give it to my friend to give her father as a Christmas present as a thank you for the stamps.

That is an amazing looking pen, and very unique. Are the stamps on wood and covered over in CA? If so, I would assume is was over and over and over! Nice job, great imagination, very creative.

marelton

Are the stamps on wood and covered over in CA? If so, I would assume is was over and over and over!

Yes, the stamps are glued with PVA and water to turned down wood blanks (flush to the bushes) and smoothed and sealed with the same mixture. When dry I trimmed off excess stamps to the ends of the blanks, placed them back on the lathe and then added 10 coats of medium CA with the lathe running as slow as possible.
Hand turning the lathe I sanded back with 1500 - 3000 grit on a flat block to remove high spots and polished with T Cut auto compound/polish.

It took some time, but well worth it.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Top notch Martin!!!:biggrin:
I've never heard of anyone putting CA over PVA, but now that you've proved it's do-able I'm sure loads of people are going to have a go.
Very well done. I just hope you didn't 'stick' a Penny Black' or some other priceless stamp in there:eek::biggrin:

Top Bottom