Stainless and Bloody Jasper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
At last back to having some kitless fun and to try and stop my buddy Butch complaining about me using kit pens:biggrin:
This was a pain in the butt to make:mad: Originally the cap was also Bloody Jasper Tru-Stone but shattered when I tried to tap it. :redface: I eventually settled for a delrin sleeve inside the stainless cap. I like the shape of the pen, but I'm not too keen on the cap. I really didn't want to do the same old thing with the wire clip either but anyway...

Any comments and or critiques welcome:wink:

Attachments

• BloodyJasperSS1.jpg
    BloodyJasperSS1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 334
  • BloodyJasperSS2.jpg
    BloodyJasperSS2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 284
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimbob91577

FWIW - I like the look of the cap, but agree with you about the wire clip. I'm also not fond of the shape of the nib end. But the colors go together really well, and the shape of the pen is awesome.

cnirenberg

Steven,
To put it plainly, your bloody Jasper pen is bloody fantastic. I like the combo between the SS and Trustone. Too bad about the cap, the pen shape is slick.

Phunky_2003

Not that I'd be complaining cuz your work is extraordinary. Thats a mighty fine piece of craftsmanship you have there. I do think a band of jasper the same width as the stainless band on the bottom would have set it off nice. Right below the clip.

But what do I know I couldnt even imagine coming up with a piece of work like that. Your truely gifted

James

jimofsanston

:redface:Well Steven if you don't really like it you can send it to me. You know you still have my address.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks again for the comments. I'll try and add a touch of red to the bottom of the cap also.

Jeff there is a pic of the inside of the cap here

PR_Princess

Beautiful Steven!!! I too, like the way that the SS and combines with the BB jasper!!:tongue: :cool:

I like the touch that you did on the final. I think that is about perfect and wouldn't change a thing!!! The clip does seem a bit "heavy" for the delicate but modern lines of this one though. Maybe that it why the cap looks a bit off to you? Dunno. Just my tuppence worth!! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom