Staghorn Chola Cactus Inlaid with PipeStone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Elegant Sierra Chrome/Satin Chrome with Staghorn Chola Cactus. Pipestone was inlaid by hand using C/A, after the Cactus Blank was tubed. As always, I appreciate any and all comments and evaluations. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Chola and Pipestone 1_1280x591.jpg
    Chola and Pipestone 1_1280x591.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 244
  • Chola and Pipestone 2_1280x507.jpg
    Chola and Pipestone 2_1280x507.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
You should really quit listening to Mike's suggestions. That pen is awful. You can give it to me tomorrow and i'll bring it home to examine the awfullness of it. Good looking pen Joe.:)

IPD_Mrs

Nice job Dad - I like this one too :eek: LOL.
I'm not sure why you should stop listening to the Mr's suggestions - must just be in the imagination of that silly "hillbilly" trying to snag that sharp pen away :frown:

As for dyeing the Cactus - has that been done Chuck? I've never seen one done that way - but I have some wood dyes that would be PERFECT to do it with I think. I'm very curious about the prospect of doing that .. of course curiosity killed the cat :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OOOOPPPPsssssss! Ya Caught Me! :redface: The only "TransTint" I have is red and I just couldn't feel that would be a good choice! That Chola is pretty tight celled. I don't know if it will absorb dye. What do you use for dyeing, or tinting???

Another nice one Joe. But, where's the dye? :biggrin:
No big deal and, I've never turned cactus, much less dyed it. If it's that tight it may not even take it. Have used Rit dye on softer wood though. Still, the pen looks great the way it is.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice job Dad - I like this one too :eek: LOL.
I'm not sure why you should stop listening to the Mr's suggestions - must just be in the imagination of that silly "hillbilly" trying to snag that sharp pen away :frown:

As for dyeing the Cactus - has that been done Chuck? I've never seen one done that way - but I have some wood dyes that would be PERFECT to do it with I think. I'm very curious about the prospect of doing that .. of course curiosity killed the cat :biggrin:
IIRC, there was a discussion about dyeing cactus, maybe last year sometime. Don't recall if it was Chola :confused: If you have plenty on hand why not give it a try? I would be pleased to see the results.:biggrin:

Top Bottom