Stabilized Spanish Oak Box with Mescalbean Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
This is a Mescalbean Burl Majestic with a CA finish. The box is Spanish Oak Burl that was dyed and stabilized, then cast using my Worthless Wood technique. The ends of the box are Texas Black Walnut. The box has a glass like hand rubbed lacquer finish.

attachment.php

Front and top of box.
attachment.php

Top and back of box.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Spanish Oak Box w Pen.jpg
    Spanish Oak Box w Pen.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,958
  • Spanish Oak Box.jpg
    Spanish Oak Box.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,356
  • Spanish Oak Box2.jpg
    Spanish Oak Box2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,309

JeffT

Curtis,

Beautiful pen and box. We got to see a good demo of your stabilizing system this weekend at the Houston area meeting and it was really helpful to see it in practice.

Looks like fun!
JeffT

wiset1

Amazing as always Curtis, but I've got to ask...any plans to cary these on the site? This would be such a change from the store bought options.

Amazing work.

Dave Turner

That's an absolutely gorgeous box. That's what really called me to try woodworking. It almost pulls your hand to it. If I can make something half as nice, I'd consider myself accomplished.

seamus7227

Well, now that is great use of the stabilizing pot besides just pens! Bowls, lumber for pen boxes, really anything that will fit into the chamber! OUTSTANDING JOB CURTIS!!!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Amazing as always Curtis, but I've got to ask...any plans to cary these on the site? This would be such a change from the store bought options.

Amazing work.

Tim,

I don't think anyone would want to pay what I would have to charge! Although, I do have this box sold to a penmaking friend for $75 but don't see a lot of people spending $75 for a pen box!

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone!

wiset1

Amazing work.

Tim,

I don't think anyone would want to pay what I would have to charge! Although, I do have this box sold to a penmaking friend for $75 but don't see a lot of people spending $75 for a pen box!

Thanks Curtis,

I'll have to PM you when I'm ready for a couple of these. I have an idea for a series of pens that will require some higher end cases like this. Thanks and I can't wait to see your new stock!

ctubbs

That pen is just plain gorgeous, but that box just puts it to shame. That box needs a plain Jane pen inside and that pen needs a box that will not distract from it. Dog-gone-it, why couldn't I have been born rich and good looking. Heck, I got neither!
Charles

The pen is very nice as it is two tone and I love two tone but that box is well...... it is beautiful!!! I have seen lots of cool stuff on here but that lowly box really catches my eye.

EarlD

Duh, I had to scroll back to the top to see what the pen looked like. That box is just stunning. Oh, yeah, the pen's really nice too.
EarlD

alphageek

Former Moderator

Amazing work.

Tim,

CRUD!!!! Up to this point there was no-one offering to "hold onto that" for you... and I was going to recommend you just send it to me for all the grief that I've saved you since you divert all the worst moderations takes to me! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

alphageek

Former Moderator
But seriously - that is one of the most beautiful things I've seen on this site! That poor person is going to have to work REALLY hard to make a pen worth going into that box.

1080Wayne

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope his pens are well into the 4 figure level !

JohnU

Curtis thats a very nice looking pen but that has to be the most beautiful pen box I have ever seen. Outstanding work!

EricJS

Curtis, that's a fabulous combination! Very striking pen & the box materials and design are off the scale! Outstanding Craftsmanship!

Top Bottom