Stabilized Spalted Dogwood Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This is a gold Ti. Olympian with some of the Dogwood that I have been working with. This pen has no finish on it except for a little bit of Ren. Wax. It was Micro meshed to 12000 and has a beautiful shine. so far this stuff is holding up pretty well and hopefully will be available in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
That looks great .. almost like a burl in some parts. I'd be interested in
them too. How did you stabilize them? Like the finish, too.

GouletPens

I would still put a finish on them even though they're stabilized. Oily hands will take that renwax shine off in no time. Looks pretty darn good though. It's nice to see some different wood.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I would still put a finish on them even though they're stabilized. Oily hands will take that renwax shine off in no time. Looks pretty darn good though. It's nice to see some different wood.
The stabilizer that I am using is acting as a finish as well as a stabilizer. I have a couple of pens that are a few months old that are still as shiny as a pen with a CA finish. I put the Ren wax on it to stop the dust in my shop from sticking to it while I assembled it. Part of the testing that I am doing is to find out what happens with the wood with no finish and so far it is holding up pretty well. I am hoping that this stuff will be on the market soon, I am starting to run low on it and don't think they will give me any more of it to use.:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom