Stabilized burls on Perfect Fits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

Here are some stabilized woods I have had the privilege of turning lately.

The first is teak burl and has some great figure. Next is spalted butternut, then maple burl and then black ash burl. The last one is bronze colored stabilized boxelder burl.

Comments on either the pens or the photos are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Pen545.JPG
    Pen545.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Pen546.JPG
    Pen546.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 160
  • Pen550.JPG
    Pen550.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Pen552.JPG
    Pen552.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Pen542.JPG
    Pen542.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Great looking pens! The photos are very crisp. Did you use the same background for all pens? The first two appear to have a bluish background while the next two appear more gray. The last one does look like a different background material. My personal preference is the bluish background - the colors of the pens have more contrast and look more vibrant with that background.

hilltopper46

I posted this originally in a bit of a hurry and found later than I had mis-identified the third pen as a maple burl when in fact it is another black ash burl. Here is a pic of two maple burl pens turned in the same batch of eight pens.

Attachments

• Pen549.JPG
    Pen549.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Pen548.JPG
    Pen548.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 81

hilltopper46

Actually, the first four pics are with the same setup. The background is white fabric - the differences in color are me using Picaso to try to adjust the background back to a truer white. The bluer background is what the camera does to the background before the adjustment.

Great looking pens! The photos are very crisp. Did you use the same background for all pens? The first two appear to have a bluish background while the next two appear more gray. The last one does look like a different background material. My personal preference is the bluish background - the colors of the pens have more contrast and look more vibrant with that background.

bitshird

Tony the pens are gorgeous, my Nikon does the same thing to a white background, even if I manually set the white balance, Man the pens are still beautiful !!!!

Top Bottom