SSSnakey SSSierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

This is one of those "seconds" blanks that was being offered a few days ago. This is the first of three I picked up. Green dyed Python on Satin Gold. There were a few air bubbles to contend with and a line of quite small ones along the seam. At first, I considered placing it to the back of the pen, but when I got it done I decided to place the bubbles under the clip. [:0]

2006416182531_sierraSG_greenpython.jpg

What little bit of seam you can see below the clip really doesn't look too bad. I did notice something different about this blank and I'll find out if it's a trend with the other two. Usually when I wet sand any plastic, resin or acrylic through all MM stages and finish off with Novus Fine Scratch Remover the barrel will sparkle because of the intense shine. This one stayed about the same sheen that I would normally get through MM 4000. I even tried my automotive polishing compound and it didn't change a thing. I have a feeling that 1) this isn't the same stuff (PR) we normally use and see, or 2) something in the way the skins were tanned reacted chemically with the resin. It still looks good, just not what I'm used to.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

Billy-
Very nice. Really like the shape and the color combo is pretty cool. Strange, if someone told me they had a satin gold pen with green snakeskin I would have thought, "yuck". But this is sharp. Again, cool shape.

hazegry

That turned out very nice. I almost kept that one for myself but I havn't turned any sierra's yet so I let them go. I like the shape of it as well. when I turn and polish them I slow the lathe down 1 notch (I forget the speed I am at work I will edit later) and I use meguiers scratchX to polish after going thru all the mm.

nilsatcraft

That one caught my eye when it came up on under the "Newest Photo" spot on the home page. I've never seen one like that before and I like it a lot. It has a great look to it.

Dario

Stunning...as always I am the odd one since I actually like this better than the regular full snake skins!

Great job Billy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom