SS SS SL Snake!?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
SS SS SL Snake.....Six Sided Stainless Steel Slimline Snake. ;)
It's almost my first IAP birthday:D so I thought I'd make one for myself this time. [8D] The flats on the steel were done using a bench grinder and the flats on the blue cast cobra was done with a router. Still needs a bit more polising, but I have blisters already!:D

2007109114150_snake.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Mr Jackson that is a lovely pen, is it a click or twist? I think each and every blister was worth it and have a happy 1st IAP birthday! [;)][:D]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi all, many thanks for very kind comments[:D] You have cheered up my day. Just spent 8 hrs driving only 270 miles!!!!![:(]
The signal I have is too weak to post another pic of the first incarnation of this pen. I'll try later or I'll post it on Friday when I get home.
The steel was cut using a small bench grinder on my compound table on my wood lathe. Each pass was so light that it did not get hot. Took forever as the grinder is so small it kept stalling. The even sides were done using the index ring on the chuck.

Thanks again

PS I don't think I'll try for PMG as I like to post my latest pens and their rules say you can't have shown it anywhere before they see it. If I sold pens, then sure I would have a go, but the appreciation I get here on the good old IAP from my peers is good enough for my ego[:D]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Lets see if it works now[;)]

2007109222043_original.jpg
<br />

I didn't like the fact that I had sharp corners when I twisted the pen.

Here's the nib before I cut it shorter for the second attempt

2007109222247_nib.jpg
<br />

GoodTurns

Steven-
I have stopped being surprised by anything you post, they always seem to be a new twist on something! I will continue to be impressed! Very cool pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom