Squeezed in one more today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

I managed to sneak over to my shop in the last wanning minutes of daylight and finish up the assembly of my second Bowling Ball Blank Pencil. this is anouther one for using in my shop

Image Insert:
2004765526_Bowling%20Ball%20Pencil.jpg

17.95KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doghouse

nice finish! Plastics realy require a fine finish to get the gloss back. I tried all kinds of sanding. Finaly resorted to buffing for a good finish. Love the colors of those blanks.

Daniel

John,
I always sweat the finish right up to the end. then I hit it with Hut Crystal coat and the shine comes right out. I don't have a buffer yet!!!
(it's on my list) and I have heard that the plastic polishing sytems work better than the Micro Mesh but I don't have those either.
Bill,
I robbed this basic pen shape from one of the albums on this sight. I havn't been able to find it again adn it may have been yours. the original was a blackwood or ebony slimline or a slim style pen. I wish I could find it again the shape really caught my eye. I like this one but it is not the same as the one in the album. the suttle details in the curve had alot to do with it. I hadn't noticed the shape of the shadow. but yu are right. I have one more shop pencil to go. maybe I'll make it "THE SHADOW" [:)]

txbob

Originally posted by Daniel
I robbed this basic pen shape from one of the albums on this sight. I havn't been able to find it again adn it may have been yours. the original was a blackwood or ebony slimline or a slim style pen.

Daniel,
You pen reminds me of Pat Lawson's Lady in Black. I think it's in her gallery on the Guild site.

Nice job on yours too, I like it. I've tried copying Pat's pen and I just never seem to get the shape exactly right.

Bob S.

debturnswood

Hi, I am curious Daniel, what you mean when you say another one for the shop? when I mess a pen up I say it is for me to use, since i do not think it meets my standard for a sale-able pen... I did not see anything wrong with your pen....

Daniel

Deb,
Nothing messed up at all. I bought four pencil kits to make pencils for keeping around my shop. I now have one at arms reach anywhere in the shop. or at least close to it. I finished anouther one yesterday but havn't gotten a picture of it yet. it made of Carolina Cherry Burl.
Sometimes ya just gotta pamper yourself.
I got two of the shop pencils from woodturners and two of the power pencils from P.S.I. I like them all so far. the shop pencil needs a harder lead so I need to find out where to get them. the adventure never ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom