Spy vs Spy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vakmere

vakmere

Couldn't think of another title for these. Thank you MAD magazine for being stuck in my head all these years. Had a little fun with Adobe on the other pic. Looks like Tron.
**Here's the thing. Circuit board blanks crack if the press in is tight. The only way to avoid that was to file down the finial clip assembly (minus the clip) where it became a slightly snug slip fit. This was managed on the lathe after securing with the bushings and using the thin side of the file and a slow speed. Micrometer the ID of the tube and transfer that to the OD of the finial. Loctite in the tube and on the finial. I have to do that with many of these circuit board blanks.
I may have to keep these, they look too nice....

Attachments

• Zodiac - Circuit Board (1).jpg
    Zodiac - Circuit Board (1).jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Zodiac - Circuit Board (2).jpg
    Zodiac - Circuit Board (2).jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 186
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice pens indeed ! . And very nice pics.

How do you hold your pen piece in the lathe when you are filing down the "finial" ?

Easier than filing down the "finial" is to ream out the brass tubes with a straight-sided adjustable reamer .... that's my opinion, anyway, and that's what I do.

Search results for: 'adjustable reamer'

hanau

pretty cool pens,
After calling it Spy vs Spy.
I started wondering how much information could be but on the board carried all over the world and no one would probably think twice about it but say that's pretty cool.

Top Bottom