Spring Blossom Vs. Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

I made my first Spring Blossom yesterday and when I was finished turning I realized that the package was missing the nib, checked the rest that I received and they all were missing the nib. After taking a good look at it for a while after I assembled it with out a nib it looked so much like the Emperor that I took a nib section from an Emperor and BINGO it fit perfect. I then took out the Emperor that I had turned a few weeks ago in similar material (Abalone) and compared them. Other than plastic treads and the trim plating being not as nice it's a good looking replacement for the Emperor at 1/3 the cost. Would I carry both to shows....no but if I was looking for a good mid value larger pen the Spring Blossom just might fit the bill.

The Spring Blossom is the top one with the gold trim.

1-IMG_3330.jpg
1-IMG_3332.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SCR0LL3R

Beautiful pens!

The Spring Blossoms are nice, but I have had a few issues with the plating on them and on Timberbit's SN Gents. I have had lots of nicks and bubbles in the chrome and platinum. I really have to look them over when they come in. Fortunately David has always been willing to make things right. Hopefully he can minimize this problem.

wood-of-1kind

Thanks Roy for confirming what I thought when I visited the Timberbits site. Now if only he would offer a Jr. Size in the Blossom design. Now that indeed would be areal good bargain. Thanks as always for sharing your insights.

brownsfn2

Regardless of whether or not you like the spring blossom I think we can all agree that you did a good job with both those pens. Love that blank on the SB. Well done!

OKLAHOMAN

What happened to the nibs?

What happened to the nibs?

I was wondering that too!
Looks like a nice kit. Definitely two great looking pens.

Now they just need a black titanium version of the spring blossom and all of us would be happy! I have found the gold has its limitations...

Padre and Eldee, they were shipped out of China with-out them, I should have the nibs sometime next week.

Mapster your are right, also need to have them avalible as Fountain pens (working on it)

Top Bottom