Spring Blossom Segment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ironwood

Ironwood

Here is one of my latest pens, Spring Blossom with Cooktown Ironwood, Spalted Northern Tamarind, and Brass, finished with CA.

Comments and critisisms welcome.

Click on the photos to enlarge.

IMG_0810.jpg IMG_0811.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks good !!! Any more segmenting on it would have been OTT on that kit, but you got it just right I reckon.:good::good::good:

gbpens

Nicely done. The high degree of spalt really stands out and the brass picks up the gold rings. Great attention to detail. What gauge of brass is that?

Ironwood

Thanks Guys.
I didnt even think about the contests running when I posted the pics.
I would need better photos to really show it at its best, I am just using a little automatic Cannon, and the photos arn't quite in focus.

Ironwood

This one went good, i drilled in stages, starting at about 3/16" .
On an earlier pen I did, which was my first pen with brass, I tried to drill in one go, it separated on the segments, but I have found drilling in steps with sharp drills seems to be OK.

johncrane

Looks good Brad!
With drilling a segment blank i turn the blank round between centers then wrap the blank with string then drown it with thin super glue ca then let it dry,doing this will end all your blow outs,hemp or butcher string,check the 2 dollar shops, i use the string from an old water filter it's strong and good stuff,:wink::biggrin:

Top Bottom