Sprial corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

Made with the legacy 200 and some turning on the lathe. Made with Dune ( the lighter color) and Canyon Corian.

200526145425_corianswirled.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

The 200 takes a porter cable laminate trimmer. I actually went to the wood show yesterday and took pre tubed corian blanks so I culd get a demo. I didn't like the way they turned out straight from the mill so I did not buy it.The demonstrator said the blanks were not large enough and that is why the blank was still falt on 2 sides. When I got them home I turned the edges and came up with this. Which I really love. Now I am trying to decide weither to go back today and get it. What do you think? It is and hour drive but you get $60.00 of of the price and some extra templates. You still have to buy the laminate trimmer and bits. HELP me decide

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I wish I could help you decide, Alice, but I'm waiting for that same show to get here in two weeks. I want to see it demo'd in person. I can't imagine it replacing my lathe, but it just might be a nice ancillary tool in the arsenal! I look forward to hearing your decision and that factors you weighed. Please keep us informed!

elody21

I too just want it to be able to do different things. Another factor is that they do not have them there to sell. You have to place and order and it is shipped to you. I hate the idea of driving an hour just to place the order! If I place it on Monday I am not sure if they will give me the show price.I asked for the persons cell number and he said he did not have one! That's strange.

Fred in NC

The Legacy comes from:

http://www.legacywoodworking.com/

The one that sits on top of the lathe is the
Lathe Wizard, from:

http://www.bealltool.com/lathewiz.htm

The idea is very similar.

elody21

No. This one stands alone and has the footprint of 24" x 9". The cutting is done with a laminate trimmer which you have to purchase seperate. It does sprials, grooves, flat sides etc... on items up to 15" long, so it can be used for more than just pens. At the show it sells for $299.00. I had the other one by Beall and I was not happy with it and sent it back. It ran on a dremmel and sat above the lathe and with everything that you need to do what the Legacy does the cost was way over $400.00!!! There just was not enough power and no where near the flexablity of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom