Sports Inspired Pens, Back from Ken's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

My Boss asked me to make him some sports inspired pens for some Christmas gifts, this is two of them the first is Alumilite w/white pearl with blue corian pin stripe with a CA finish. The second one is a CS USA teal blank segmented with black and white pick-guard and an orange poker chip with a CA finish. The kits are Executives also from CS USA. The are being sent to Ken for engraving.Here they are back from Ken's ready for wrapping. :rolleyes::present::rolleyes:
Thanks for looking, comments welcome. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Sports Pen 019_edited-1.jpg
    Sports Pen 019_edited-1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Sports Pen 026_edited-1.jpg
    Sports Pen 026_edited-1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Sports Pen 028_edited-1.jpg
    Sports Pen 028_edited-1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 210
  • Sports Pen 002_edited-1.jpg
    Sports Pen 002_edited-1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 285
  • Sports Pen 048_edited-1.jpg
    Sports Pen 048_edited-1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Sports Pen 051_edited-1.jpg
    Sports Pen 051_edited-1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 196
  • Sports Pen 041_edited-1.jpg
    Sports Pen 041_edited-1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Sports Pen 058.jpg
    Sports Pen 058.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 198
  • Sports Pen 064.jpg
    Sports Pen 064.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

WOW great idea I love the pin stripe also. It gives me all sorts of ideas.

Thanks for sharing

Happy to share, I was planning to use blue and white pickguard but could not get any in time for Christmas, so I went to plan C (corian) LOL. :biggrin:

maxman400

Ken Did a Great JOB on the Pens, and he was super fast also. I live close enough that I can drive to his shop. So I mailed the first three in and he engraved them while I was turning the last one. Then I stopped by with the last one and he did it while I waited. Thanks Ken!!

Freethinker

Beautiful pens, maxman.

I'm wondering how you make certain that when you drill the penstripe pen, the hole for the tube is dead center?? Seems like it would be hard to do unless you managed to get the exact same amount of Alumilite all around the outer circumference of the blank. (hope that makes sense)

Do you pour the Alumilite around the inner corian stripes with them standing straight up and down, like in a tube??

Just curious.

Freethinker

Oops....after thinking about it for a bit, it just occurred to me how you likely do it...........you center drill the ends, turn between centers, then drill out the rounded off blank on the lathe.

I reckon. :biggrin:

maxman400

I do stand it on end in a 1" PVC tube that has a 1 liter Pepsi cap taped to the end(really tight) The strips of corian are just under 1/2" so glued together they will slide inside of the tube. the extra side pieces I shorten them about 1/16" in the width so that all of the wings are about the same. I also glue a tiny piece of corian to the bottom to lift it up so the the Alumilite can flow all round it. Once poured it goes in the pressure pot at 45 PSI for an hour. Once you trim the ends you can see the center, then true it up between centers and drill as you like.

Top Bottom