Split personality pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from amosfella

amosfella

I had a custom order for this pen with black and white mother of pearl. I told the guy that ordered it that I didn't think it would look to good, but that's what he wanted. So, I made the pen and finished it at 2 am, and delivered it at 9 AM the same day. He absolutely loved it.
Here are the fotos I took just before I delivered it.....
Be gentle, it's a custom order........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
J

jackrichington

I agree with your assesment..taste is truly arbitrary..It is so hard for me to make something UGLY for a customer..I sell seg. bowls, shaker boxes , pens , canes and other stuff & I hate custom orders...I had one that truly made me gag..an O.D. green (shiny) shaker box UGHHHH

amosfella

The kit is the Lotus fountain pen. It's one of my best sellers. The guy I made it for was proudly showing it to everyone the day he got it. His words were, "this pen is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!"
Nope, it wasn't going to Spock. Went to an eccentric millionaire that I know.

Ned B

First off, Beautiful Pen. It might not be how you'd normally make it, but it pay$ to remember that the Cu$tomer i$ alway$ right!

Last edited:

amosfella

I have no problem doing a custom order like that, as he has been a good friend. I just thought the coloring choices were weird.
BTW, this is the same guy who wants a set of titanium chopsticks........
Considering I was paid that day for it, I have no problem with it, but I don't think it's something I'd keep in stock.
Although it was weird, after I posted a foto of it on facebook, one of my friends asked if it was for sale, to which I said it was sold, but another one could be made with a few days notice as I was out of the kit......

Top Bottom