Spiritual Mulled Wine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from qquake

qquake

This is a Spiritual pen from Signature Pen Supply, in antique rose copper. The blank is a Woodshed acrylic called Mulled Wine. I didn't know what to expect from a blank with a name like that, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Attachments

• done08.JPG
    done08.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 165
  • done09.JPG
    done09.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 146
  • done10.JPG
    done10.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 146
  • done11.JPG
    done11.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 176
  • done03.JPG
    done03.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 265
  • done04.JPG
    done04.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 166
  • done05.JPG
    done05.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 203
  • done06.JPG
    done06.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 243
  • done07.JPG
    done07.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 225
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

This is the second Woodshed blank I've turned, and both have been rather brittle. They don't do well with my normally heavy handed turning style. But I took it easy, and got it done. They sure polish well.

Attachments

• chips.JPG
    chips.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 220
  • polished01.JPG
    polished01.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 161
  • polished02.JPG
    polished02.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 206
  • polished03.JPG
    polished03.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 199

OZturner

Glorious Pen, Jim.
Spectacular Blank.
I would be more than a little worried, with the overhanging section of the Blank, as shown in Photograph #1 of your second Posting.
In starting to reduce any blank, I normally turn down to close to the Bush with a either a Roughing Gouge, and later a Skew, to remove as much of the Blank, on an inclined plane toward the Bush, at both ends of the Blank.
Thus as I turn the remainder of the blank, I am turning to an already reduced diameter surface, hence avoiding the potential for a break away.
Back to your Finished Pen, it is Magnificent, Love the Hardware.
And the Blank matches perfectly.
Congratulations,
Brian.

MikeinSC

The pen looks great and I'm glad that it worked out for you in the end. A lot of acrylics do not do well with a heavy hand, even the ones I make. I get that chatter myself on occasion.
If you ever have any problems with a Woodshed Pen Co blank, please feel free to contact me directly. Or you can go through BTW as well and they will contact me.

Mike
Woodshed Pen Co

qquake

The pen looks great and I'm glad that it worked out for you in the end. A lot of acrylics do not do well with a heavy hand, even the ones I make. I get that chatter myself on occasion.
If you ever have any problems with a Woodshed Pen Co blank, please feel free to contact me directly. Or you can go through BTW as well and they will contact me.

Mike
Woodshed Pen Co

Thank you for the compliment. So far, all of your blanks that I've turned look fantastic. They're a little challenging for me, but not as bad as Rhino or inlace acrylester.

Top Bottom