"Spirez"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

Ebony and White Veneer on Chrome Navigator. Originally, I was going to outfit this with a Churchill. I am so glad that I didn't. I just don't think the design would have lent itself to that kit.

Keith, I agree about the dead ends, I either need to perfect them or probably nix them.

Thanks for lookin' all. Anything you have to say is certainly appreciated.

Attachments

• Spirez.jpg
    Spirez.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Spirez2.jpg
    Spirez2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 216
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Steve, another wowser (is that a word) and your just making the rest of us #$#@&@&!*@^ and thats putting it mildly.

akbar24601

Steve, another wowser (is that a word) and your just making the rest of us #$#@&@&!*@^ and thats putting it mildly.
LOL!!!:biggrin::eek::biggrin: I do believe that "Wowser" is in fact a word. Not quite sure that "#$#@&@&!*@^" is, at least not on this planet. :alien:

Thank you very much though. :rolleyes:

leehljp

Member Liaison
I am so glad that I didn't. I just don't think the design would have lent itself to that kit.

Another Great Pen! Can't you slow down and let some of us catch up a tad? :biggrin:

AS to the Churchill, I made one for my BIL and after putting the very nice looking blank on the CH, it clashed big time. Pen kit designer centerbands and rings are great for straight forward blanks, but often clash with blank designs and segments - big time. :eek:

CaptG

OK, have I told you how disgusting you are? LOL, VERY NICELY DONE, again. Hope you don't run out of ideas before I get down there.

akbar24601

Another Great Pen! Can't you slow down and let some of us catch up a tad? :biggrin:

AS to the Churchill, I made one for my BIL and after putting the very nice looking blank on the CH, it clashed big time. Pen kit designer centerbands and rings are great for straight forward blanks, but often clash with blank designs and segments - big time. :eek:
I totally agree Hank. It's kind of a tough kit to outfit properly. The only ones that I have seen that I have cared for have been darker blanks, and no, I don't think that it would lend itself to sementing either. Good grief, can I actually make a pen where I don't get to hack the wood up!!! LOL

As for slowing down, I thought I was.:confused::tongue: LOL

Don't worry Gary, I'm sure we'll manage just fine when you are down here.:cool:

Thank you all very much.

VisExp

Steve, without the dead ends that would be looking really nice. I sent you an idea that may work with your design and eliminate the dead end cuts.

The contrast between the white veneer and ebony is awesome. Great job on not staining the veneer.

ldb2000

That is spectacular Steve . Simple and complex all at the same time . It matches the kit perfectly . You should try using just the lower part of the CB to minimize the interuption of the patern .

akbar24601

Great work Steve ! Do you get the impression , that we like your pens ?? :eek::biggrin:

Thank You Chuck! I sure hope so! :biggrin:

That is spectacular Steve . Simple and complex all at the same time . It matches the kit perfectly . You should try using just the lower part of the CB to minimize the interuption of the patern .

Thank you Butch! That is a good idea about the CB and certainly something I will take a look at. :wink:

akbar24601

Nother lovely pen Steve, I wish you'd post a 'how to do' for us 'regular' pen turners.
regards, bill
Now Bill, don't you think that would take all of the fun out of it if I were to just throw it in your lap.:rolleyes: Besides, if I started posting "How To's" that's about all I'd be doing, and there would be no time for turning pens.:frown:

thanks for the compliment by the way.:good:

OKLAHOMAN

Now Bill, don't you think that would take all of the fun out of it if I were to just throw it in your lap.:rolleyes: Besides, if I started posting "How To's" that's about all I'd be doing, and there would be no time for turning pens.:frown:

Steve, just keep posting those beautiful creations of yours, and the how to's will be figgerd out by the ones really intrested in doing it, but the designs that are wondering around in your head could never be taught.

talbot

Even if I knew how to Steve, I doubt I could think up or create the designs you come up with so regularly. Just keep the coming.
Regards, Bill

Rarest wood

The nice thing about your pens is not that they look stunning which they certainly do, but that they inspire others to have a go themselves!
I have lots of antique veneer myself and may try to emulate your work

Last edited:

bitshird

Nice pen Steve, but since you kinda missed the meets in a few places, why not just send it to me?:clown::clown:, that is a nice design though,

Top Bottom