Spiny Churchill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I finally got around to trying these modifications to the Churchill and this piece of Tru Stone. It's red-orange spiny oyster. What's left of the metal is gold titanium. Turning down the shoulder on the threaded insert is more difficult than I thought and it was back on the lathe tonight. I like how the Churchill looks without the end fitting.

200711934736_SpinyOysterChurchill.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Very Nice! I've never been big on the end caps of those pens but it looks good with the closed end flow.

I recently bought several truestone blanks but haven't gotten to them yet. Looks like high time to get the red-orange spiny on the lathe.[:)]

gerryr

Thanks, Glenn. I had wanted to do that, but the piece of Tru Stone wasn't quite long enough. That will hopefully be the next iteration. I need to order some cheapo upgrade gold Churchills so I have some extra parts to experiment with.

txbatons

Beautiful pen. Nice work all around. I just tried my first closed-end this week and didn't measure correctly. But I'm not completely dumb...I ordered lots of extra tube sets when I ordered the kits!

I like the look of your churchill.

LanceD

Real nice looking Churchill Gerry. Looking at a close up of the centerband it looks like you were left with a gap where it meets the lower cap body. It seems that something stopped it from going all the way in.

gerryr

You're absolutely right Lance. That was why I had to take it apart and put the CB back on the lathe. I used the wrong tool the first time, a parting tool. I just doesn't leave a sharp enough inside corner in delrin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom