Spinning Top Barrels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from oops99

oops99

I'm sure this has probably been covered before, but I figured it would be quicker to just ask.
I still have a ton of slim line kits which seem to sell really well, but I still run into the problem of the top barrel slipping or spinning when I close the pen.
Can I get some ideas about how "YOU" address this problem?
Thanks for any advice or opinions.

Tom/oops99

mick

I take a small transfer punch and dimple the transmission from the inside. To do this remove the refill and twist the tranny as if you were extending the refill Then angle the punch into the opening and tap lightly with a hammer. Do this in 3 places spaced equally arond the trans. Don't get too agressive, a small dimple will do it.

snyiper

I take fast set CA and use a cotton swab with a wooden stick and smear it inside the upper barrel at the end with the wood part of swab...test fit repeat...!!!Caution!!!! Let it dry good before putting on cap that will also fix your problem more permenantly...

Jgrden

I had to close the diameter on a titanium pen that drilled out to generous. I took key shavings )from Lowe's) and CA glue. Wet the inside of the barrel and dusted the interior with the shavings. Then I went back and re-drilled and it took.

Top Bottom