Spicy - hot???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Michael,
Your red pepper posting prompted me to dig up some of the spices we have done. This is not meant to minimize YOUR effort. Doing the spices with just CA would be a real pain (as you did). I tip my hat.

However, Dawn has been casting spices for me for over a year, so I thought I would show some of them and make them available as blanks (to those who don't mind doing some CA filling - ask and I will tell you which are the easiest). So, here are a few PR_Princess offerings:

200813016638_spicynet.jpg

200813016716_spicy2net.jpg

E-mail me if you would like further information on getting blanks and the ease of turning the blanks you prefer.

Thanks for any comments!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

barkisini

Hi Ed,

Is the third pen from the left in the top photo made from dried red chili peppers? If so, I'd be interested in a couple blanks, if they're available.

Thought about casting my own after I saw the original post....maybe next fall, after the peppers are harvested, etc., etc.

May still try that, but if you have blanks available, that could certainly short-circuit the time issue.

Appreciate your offer,

Regards,

John B.
a/k/a Barkisini

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Gary,

Tomorrow I will post the parsley. It looks like the "weed" I believe you are recalling with such delight. However, parsley has the advantage of being LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also another "absent on picture day" will go up tomorrow. Stay tuned!!!

GaryMGg

Originally posted by ed4copies
...It looks like the "weed" I believe you are recalling with such delight. However, parsley has the advantage of being LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't help but wonder if a pen cast from cannabis would be illegal to make but legal to have once the casting is complete?!?

Anyway, the town south of Gainesville which now hosts a Fall Festival annually used to have a Harvest Festival years past. You can guess why they called it that.
I'm quite confident a weed cast pen would be a stunning success in this town. Probably near those in Ann Arbor, MI too. [}:)]:D:D
I'll see your parsley and raise you mushrooms! [:0]

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Maybe you should send a spice pen to each of the Spice Girls and the chili pepper pen to the Red Hot Chili Peppers:D[}:)]:D[}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I fear Mudder will never be "hot" or "happy" _ but I expect I WILL hear about his ONE FREE PEN again, now!![xx(][xx(][xx(]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Tasty, very tasty. :D I always thought that you and Dawn were nuttier than a squirrels breakfast, now I know for sure.

However, I suggest you go straight home and finish the parsley pen as I fear a rat may beat you to it. ;);)

I also notice from your posts that you are as eager as the rest of us for 'the results' :D Good luck;)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I didn't enter anything, Steve, Just curious to see what you guys did with the "challenge". With Becca having some other difficulties, the results can wait!!

Real world is more important!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by ed4copies

Real world is more important!!

I couldn't agree more. ;) If there was anything I could have done to help then I would have. If she was doing collections then I would be one of the first in the queue.

I just thought that I read from a few of your posts that you may have entered[B)]

R2

Ed, first and foremost - Great pens!!:):):)
Secondly - you,And other forumites, Must have seen the great long list of "to do when I get the time and develop the skills" list of blanks I have drawn up.:D:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by R2

Ed, first and foremost - Great pens!!:):):)
Secondly - you,And other forumites, Must have seen the great long list of "to do when I get the time and develop the skills" list of blanks I have drawn up.:D:D

I think this just affirms a theory that there is nothing new under the sun.

Given enough time, some of us would try most things. This is just one area that Dawn found interesting, so she cast a bunch of stuff - I turned it and reported what would be easier and more difficult and down-right dangerous (salt burns when CA is added).

There are other areas she has explored - some day they may also come to light.[8)][8)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by rhahnfl

Now I know what to do with the old spices we have in the pantry... wonder how much the smell when turned? That is so neat.

You have hit on the inception of this idea. And, they don't smell a lot - cause they were OLD (as in a decade, in some cases).

Even if they would not add much to your sauce, they STILL LOOK interesting, when made into a pen.

On MOST of them, I try to make it feel like plastic, so there is a great deal of CA hiding any possible aroma (also keeps the seeds from coming out later, creating a LARGE void.)

Top Bottom