Spectrply Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rounder

Rounder

Here is the pen I made from the Spectrply sale that occurred recently. Many thanks to DavidH14 for making sure I had a straight hole drilled through this blank. Miters cut in a hand miter box and back saw. This is on a Smitty's Pen Works Leroy V2 Pen kit. Turned out better than expected for first segment to do this way. Critiques and criticisms welcome. Except for pictures. I know they stink.

Attachments

• P1040745.JPG
    P1040745.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 198
  • P1040748.JPG
    P1040748.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 215
  • P1040753.JPG
    P1040753.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 114
  • P1040755.JPG
    P1040755.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 170
  • P1040756.JPG
    P1040756.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 265
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Man I must be getting real old. I thought i saw this thread before and commented in it there. Maybe I was dreaming it:eek::)

Anyway it is worth repeating anyway. This is a real fine pen and one can now see why the accuracy of the drilling was so important on a blank like that. I think I also mentioned that you took a simple cut and made it look complex and interesting. Your execution of the cuts and alignment are spot on. Thanks for showing and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Rounder

Man I must be getting real old. I thought i saw this thread before and commented in it there. Maybe I was dreaming it:eek::)

Anyway it is worth repeating anyway. This is a real fine pen and one can now see why the accuracy of the drilling was so important on a blank like that. I think I also mentioned that you took a simple cut and made it look complex and interesting. Your execution of the cuts and alignment are spot on. Thanks for showing and look forward to seeing more of your work.

I posted this in the Spectraply thread also John. I just thought that not everyone would see it there so I put it in the Show Off Your Pens Forum also. So you can't blame age, lol.

jttheclockman

I posted this in the Spectraply thread also John. I just thought that not everyone would see it there so I put it in the Show Off Your Pens Forum also. So you can't blame age, lol.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH see now I feel better. I feel young again. I think I will go take a nap.:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom