Special Request - Black on Gun Metal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RSidetrack

RSidetrack

I had a special request from my sister-in-law for a pure black acrylic on a gun metal magnetic vertex kit.

Now I went through some struggles with this pen, I am not sure why but the first blank I put on seemed to disintegrate at the ends. I tried barrel trimming it short several times and the end result was I had to destroy the blank and start over. However, this is after I took off a quarter inch on the tube :rolleyes: Anyway, I went and turned a new blank, came out great (but black definitely shows every little sanding mark). I then went to assemble and of course the tube was too short. So I shortened the spring, got it to fit, then the tip popped out :eek: A part I didn't even know could come out, anyway, I went and used some thin CA and put it back together, but stupid me wasn't thinking and left everything assembled when I did it, the only thing I had taken out was the ink cartridge. In the end, I glued EVERYTHING together. The tip and back that unthread had become permanent. No way to get an ink cartridge in. So, I managed to get the tip segment separated and out - boy was it a mess. I spent about an hour cleaning up the threads and finally got it back together and it has been perfect. I hope she likes it, and I hope the tip doesn't pop out again :rolleyes:

Anyway, here she is (please note the little marks on the black are just fibers from my cleaning towel):
Vertex-1.jpg

Vertex-2.jpg

Vertex-3.jpg

Vertex-4.jpg

Vertex-5.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom