A special inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

Well this is a first for me. I have never done a laser inlay. I ordered this orange ribbon inlay from lazerlinez. Although there were no instructions and none on the site, I searched IAP and got the general idea of how to approach this one. As many of you know I am making 3 pens to donate to the Kidney Cancer 5k walk in Nov. I did the walk last year with my wife and we met the parents of the man who the walk is dedicated to. When his wife emailed and was so excited about me donating the pens for the raffle, I really wanted to do something special for her. She doesn't know this is coming in the mail this week at all. I am including the box which I also bought from lazerlinez. I used a chrome WSII kit from WC. I did the inital turning using 150 grit paper and then carefully used the woodchuck. I followed that up with 2 thin ca coats and 5 med/thick ca coats. I am very happy with the result. This means a lot to me since my wife's mother lost her fight with kidney cancer in March 2010 after being diagnosed in Oct 2009. I live for brightening someone's day. Thank you so much to everyone on here who makes what I do possible with all of your tips, tricks, and other kindness you show. I hope you enjoy the pen and I would welcome any comments.

orangeribbon.jpg orangeribbon-a.jpg orangeribbon-b.jpg orangeribbon-c.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

John Pratt

I had the same issue with pens ordered through Lazerlinez, but did find them eventually. scroll down the left side of his home page and you will find the link for "Pen kit instructions".

Nice pen and great cause.

John

ToddMR

I had the same issue with pens ordered through Lazerlinez, but did find them eventually. scroll down the left side of his home page and you will find the link for "Pen kit instructions".

Nice pen and great cause.

John

Oh I did see them. Just no instructions for the specific one I bought. Doesn't matter now though since IAP had the info I was looking for and it turned out good.

Top Bottom