A Special Commission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eharri446

eharri446

A couple of weeks back, I sent a friend of mine a gift. I had made him a Fly Fishing Pen in copper with a Fly Fishing blank from Woodnwhimsies. He took it to work and one of his co-workers wanted me to make him a couple of pens. This is the first one that I finished.

View in Gallery

The pen kit is a Wallstreet II Elegant in titanium and gold. The blank is the footballplayer laserline blank from WoodnWhimsies and has a CA finish. The guy who ordered it played football for the University of South Carolina and his number was 72.

He has order a second pen which will be made with a Wallstreet II in black chrome with a Bloodwood blank which will be laser engraved with his fraternity letters. The letters will be engraved into the blank before the blank is turned and the engraving will be filled with epoxy which will be tinted with white dye. The everything will be turned and a CA finish applied. I will post pictures of that one when it is completed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

I did not put the number in. When you order the blank from Wood-n-Whimsies, you specify the skin color, the color of the jersey, and the number. The blank is then pre-assembled with a tube for the pen kit that you choose and everything is held in place with rubber bands. All you have to do is apply thin CA to all of the joint lines and it glues all of the pieces into the blank and the blank to the tube.

magpens

Very nice !!!!! . Looking forward to your next pictures. . Do you have a pic of the fly fishing pen ?

OZturner

Well Done on the Commission, Elwin.
Superb, Pen,
Glorious Blank from WoodnWhimsies.
I had no Idea that you could be so selective, with the details to be used in making the Blank. An Excellent Service.
Great Fit and Finish,
I too, am looking forward to the Second Pen.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom