Spartan Spear

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greeneyedblackcat

I built this massive pen to resemble a spartan spear, it is fashioned from stainless and 50/50 curly narra. The transmission is in the spear head, turn the head and the pen comes out. Hope U like it>>>Jim K_________________ P.S. sorry for the crappy pictures, I will try to get better ones in the sun tomorrow :)

Attachments

• spear a.jpg
    spear a.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 332
  • Spear b.jpg
    Spear b.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 228
  • spear c.jpg
    spear c.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 178
  • spear d.jpg
    spear d.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

I can't see it very well, if you could send it to me I would be able to give a better opinion :)

Rollerbob

Funny, you should post this, I was just thinking it was about time for another of your creations, Scarey. God forbid your mind is on the same wave!!!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I gotta tell you, Jim, I really look forward to seeing your new creations. Your execution is superb.

Cool pen!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I was going to say it looks a lot more like a spear from 300 than from Sparta....(and yes, I know 300 was based on the battle of Thermopylae, but I AM a history teacher after all, and cannot call it a 'Spartan' spear! :))

But it's very nice, I must say! Your metal lathe must be getting quite the workout!!

Andrew

Ligget

Jim it is always a pleasure to open one of your posts, I am still amazed at the quality of your craftmanship, remember to take your pictures in the shade!

el_d

Dang Jim, you da man. Nice throwing stick have you sharpened it and tried sticking it into your wooden blanks. If you have any wood.:wink:

Darley

I built this massive pen to resemble a spartan spear, it is fashioned from stainless and 50/50 curly narra. The transmission is in the spear head, turn the head and the pen comes out. Hope U like it>>>Jim K_________________ P.S. sorry for the crappy pictures, I will try to get better ones in the sun tomorrow :)

Very nice, .....................you have to make 299 now :biggrin:---HOOPS some one beat me at it

CaptG

Another outstanding creation. Very nice work, again. Do you share whatever it is that you are on that helps with the creativity?

Top Bottom