SPANISH OLIVE WOOD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenPal

PenPal

Purchased the blank in France last one. As I turned it down the grain formation changed pleased with it all the way through.

Kind regards Petrer.

Attachments

• DSCF0066.JPG
    DSCF0066.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF0051.JPG
    DSCF0051.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCF0057.JPG
    DSCF0057.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LeeR

Incredible grain patterns. I'm not familiar with Spanish Olive Wood, but I really enjoy turning Bethlehem Olive Wood. I'll have to look for the Spanish Olive Wood and give it a turn.

The Streamline pen was the first pen I ever turned and it is my favorite 7mm pen. Regular slim lines are just too thin for me.

Really nice job!

Last edited:

robutacion

Hahahah Peter so, you are in France and you buy Spanish Olive wood...???:wink::biggrin:

France has plenty of Olive trees also, all the Mediterranean has these trees...!

On the first pic, I though that you had used 2 difference pieces of the Olive wood but then, the second pics shows a match, with the third pic showing a darker top. I'm glad I saw the second pic, as I din't thing you would be using "unmatched" pieces but, Olive wood can provide lots of surprises, from grain changing as it is turned (as you experience) to colour changes.

I wonder if the bottom piece has a darker half, also...???

I also like the way you chamfered in "V" groove the 2 ends that connect to the middle ring, that's neat...!

As for the finish, I don't recall the finish that you normally use but, if is CA doesn't look as glossy as normal, did you cut the gloss slightly or you are using some other finish...???

Very pretty pen, made with one of my preferred woods (I bettcha you didn't know that, huh...???:biggrin:)

PS: Seems like, everyone is in the "Olive wood mood", good to see...!:wink:

Cheers
George

PenPal

Incredible grain patterns. I'm not familiar with Spanish Olive Wood, but I really enjoy turning Bethlehem Olive Wood. I'll have to look for the Spanish Olive Wood and give it a turn.

The Streamline pen was the first pen I ever turned and it is my favorite 7mm pen. Regular slim lines are just too thin for me.

Really nice job!

This is indeed a Slimline using a Streamline centre band I get them from Timberbits.com and I agree the extra centre sizing is great.

George I get colour variations every which way with Olive Wood this pen has a beautiful shine and I have modified my lighting to allow less to no flare and more pen accuracy. Unlike everyone else it seems I have found the magic CA a medium one I use but one coat and special wax stick immediately a quick buff on my 50 mm buff, my wax stick is well over 20 yrs old still 3/4 left made by Liberon the Brown one. Recently my preparation varied it took me forever to turn off that one coat of CA it stuck like tar to a Tomcat. I have been next door to France in Germany and Switzerland but made all my purchases on the net.

Kind regards Peter.

Last edited:

ossaguy

Wow,that's some beautiful wood!!!

Love all the grains,what an awesome pen!

I've never heard of Spanish Olive Wood,I've only turned BOW. I'll have to look for some.

Steve

tgsean

Great looking pen. I've turned Australian and Bethlehem olive, both are great, Bethlehem too has great grain. Well done

Top Bottom