Spanish Oak Majestic Jr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

Here's a pen I finished yesterday and got around to taking pictures of today. This is Spanish Oak with a hint of purple on a Majestic Jr. kit.

The blank is from Curtis and has 8 coats of thin CA and 2 coats of thick, micro sanded to 12000 grit and hit with plastic polish. Pretty much the same thing I do for all of my pens. Tried shooting this image on a cut off of some burl I had in the shop.

Enjoy

5280867774_302fb061ff_z.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Curtis, you have my blessing to use any image I post of pens made from your blanks. While I appreciate the request for use, please know that it's not required. You have my future blessing as well:biggrin:

Happy Holidays Curtis...FYI, I have 7 more of your blanks squared and ready for the final turn on the lathe so after Christmas I'll have more pens posted:eek:

wiset1

Thank you everyone! The credit should really go to Curtis for these amazing blanks. I just shape his creations and put my name on it, ha ha ha.

broitblat

I agree that it is a great looking pen. Nice blank that you've done a great job with.

Personally, I find the burl background in the photo distracts from enjoying the view of the pen, however.

-Barry

ctubbs

Tim, you did it again. Beautiful pen, the finish and the fit to the hardware is excellent. It is gracious of you to give all the credit to Curtis, but I have seen beautiful blanks end up in the OS bin due to turner problems. do not cut yourself short.
Merry Christmas to you and yours. Please pass the same wishes on to all your pals serving for our protection. God bless you.
Charles

wiset1

Thank you again for the feedback and I'll pass along the holiday wishes to my Battalion here in Wiesbaden Germany.

wizard

Tim, That is an absolutely gorgeous pen! The kit and blank choice is perfect and the finish is beautiful! Regards, Doc

wiset1

Thanks Doc. I'm working on about 7 others right now so in the next day or so I should be posting more.

phil

Wow, nothing much more can be said about it! excellent on both counts! love the pen, love the blank, love the photo, just plain good stuff.

by the way, ive gotta tell you, thats gotta be one of the funniest avatars ive seen in a while. dont need the story behind it, but it makes me laugh every time i see it.

wiset1

Phil,

The Avatar more or less captures my day to day work as a Platoon Sergeant in the U.S. Army. I'm expected to...you guessed it! But life is good, I'm living the dream

Top Bottom