Spanish Oak Burl Hybrid from Curtis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I picked up this beauty at the MPG from Curtis (Mesquiteman). He really wanted to keep this one for himself, and I can see why! It is a fantastic Spanish Oak Burl with red resin infused after the wood was stabilized. The turquoise is part of the wood. The finish is thin CA brought to 600 grit, micromeshed with just the first two pads then buffed. Would love to hear any feedback.

Thanks!

Attachments

• P5070005.jpg
    P5070005.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 356
  • P5070003.jpg
    P5070003.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 359
  • P5070001.jpg
    P5070001.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 300
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I KNEW I should have kept that one, dangit! Looks awesome, Eric. Of course I am glad to have made the money on it but especially glad you got it since I know the sale of that pen will help with your adoption fund. If I would have kept it for myself, it would have just ended up in my collection or given away to someone since I don't sell pens.

Could I possibly use the pictures on my website?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Another really nice pen Eric. It's nice to see one of Curtis' blanks in the finished state. You did a good job on this one.

Buzzzz4

Thank you! my wife saw it this morning, and really wants a ballpoint from this wood. Feel free to use the pics, Curtis. I'd be honored.

PSU1980

Wow, I can certainly see why Curtis had a hard time letting go of this blank. Outstanding job Eric. I can see that I am going to have to move to the mid west so that I can attend the meetings.

Tim

Top Bottom