Spalted White Ice Pearl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is one of my Telesto style pens in Spalted White Ice Pearl PR . I made this pen just before the "Snow" hit the fan around here and I was exiled from my shop . Well I'm finally back in and playing again , now if I can only get my Freestyle pen done in time . It's a Homebrew PR blank , is finial operated and uses a cigar transmission and Parker style refill .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Good stuff Butch! But will the true color of the pen please stand up? The colors, to me, look very different. Which picture is closer to the actual color?

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . To answer some of the questions and comments .
The first photo is very close to the true color , not really sure what happened to the color in the second , nothing changed except the color .
I'm still making pens but between work and weather I haven't had much shop time lately . Unfortunatly the work is done and I'm back on UI for the time being and now that the weather is getting better I'm back in the shop so expect to see some new stuff coming soon .

OKLAHOMAN

Butch first rate as always, really like that blank and pen. Sorry to hear your back on UI, but that makes us the recipient of some of your kit-less wonders.

ldb2000

Thanks Roy . I've had a couple of questions about the blank . It is a PR blank made with coastal scents pearl white and some shimmer mica , it looks like ice crystals in the pearl and really does shimmer in the light . To get the spalting lines I used a pipette to add the black PR . I was trying for an effect like Parker has on their Duofold pens , it didn't work out as I had planned but I really liked the effect , next time I will wait for the white to gel a little bit more .

Top Bottom