Spalted Two Tone Sycamore

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I made this one for a friend . I used an Ultra Cigar kit from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods . My cousin milled and dried the wood . Comments appreciated ! [8D]

2008518141121_IMG_0108.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marcruby

I usually don't like the Ultras that much because their two tone scheme seems to overwhelm the wood. This is the first I've seen where the the wood really works with the fittings.

Usually I buy one of each kind of ultra and swap the parts...

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by marcruby

I usually don't like the Ultras that much because their two tone scheme seems to overwhelm the wood. This is the first I've seen where the the wood really works with the fittings.

Usually I buy one of each kind of ultra and swap the parts...
Thanks Marc , this is my 1st ultra and perhaps my last . I'm not real impressed after putting it together , but I've made worse ! [:eek:)]

Ligget

Lovely wood and kit combo. I like them to have the chrome nib on so the nib and clip match and vice-versa, but it still looks good Chuck![:p]

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for the comments Mark ! You guys have made me reconsider these kits by buying two and swapping parts . I like your idea . [8D]

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Fred ! I'm REALLY glad you like the wood !! I made a couple of those bulbous types on wood & corncobs , and my opinion is the same as yours . I like them this way much better . Thanks for the compliment . BTW , I just mailed a couple of these blanks to a friend , yesterday . I have a bunch of this wood . Cheers ! [8D]

BigShed

That's a coincidence, I spent yesterday getting some blanks ready to send to a friend too.
May even get to the post office today, just been informed that SWMBO wants to go to the hairdresser. Nice 35km drive, long way to go for a haircut!
The joys of living in the country.
But the 25acres make up for it.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I am sure both of our recipients will be pleased ! I would LOVE to be on 25 acres ! Thanks for posting Fred ! Cheers [8D]
Originally posted by BigShed

That's a coincidence, I spent yesterday getting some blanks ready to send to a friend too.
May even get to the post office today, just been informed that SWMBO wants to go to the hairdresser. Nice 35km drive, long way to go for a haircut!
The joys of living in the country.
But the 25acres make up for it.

Top Bottom