Spalted sycamore set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Here's a set of pens and a pencil from some spalted sycamore that a friend gave me. These were a gift to him for the wood.

Attachments

• sycamore set 800 pix.jpg
    sycamore set 800 pix.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

Thank you. I have a hard time with this spalted wood lately. I did these and a few others with no problem, as far as finishing goes, but have really struggled with it lately.

I have a vacuum chamber and cactus juice getting here early this week and an dying to stabilize some and try it that way.

stuckinohio

Beautiful stuff!:)

Thank you, BTW, I think we may have a friend in common. One of my co-workers got into pen turning after seeing some of my pens. I think you guys may have met up or communicated some.

His name is Rob (leaving last name out...) He also does flint knapping. From Grove City.

Jonlane71

Thank you. I have a hard time with this spalted wood lately. I did these and a few others with no problem, as far as finishing goes, but have really struggled with it lately.

I have a vacuum chamber and cactus juice getting here early this week and an dying to stabilize some and try it that way.

I have been looking into stabilizing and casting but haven't made the jump yet.

stuckinohio

I lamented over the decision for a long time. Finally made the decision to invest. I have a large stack of stuff to stabilize already!

I also cast and have some worthless wood I want to cast, so that will benefit from stabilizing too!

thewishman

Beautiful stuff!:)

Thank you, BTW, I think we may have a friend in common. One of my co-workers got into pen turning after seeing some of my pens. I think you guys may have met up or communicated some.

His name is Rob (leaving last name out...) He also does flint knapping. From Grove City.

Yeah, Rob came over to my place back in September. We had a nice visit and he showed me some of the things he does - he has lots of talents.

I work out of a place two blocks from COSI. You're welcome any time you'd like to visit.:)

Top Bottom