Spalted Signaturo - Jr. Retro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim Smith

Jim Smith

I finally got a few moments in my "shop" and finished up a Jr. Retro with a blank that I purchased from a fellow IAP member. The blank was labeled Stabilized Spalted Signaturo. I may be wrong, but I suspect that this is a made-up name of the wood. If anyone know better, please do not hesitate to correct me. Anyway, the blank is a real beauty and actually came out okay. The finish is much better than the photo shows as I readily admit that I am photo challenged. I thought I'd share this pen, not because of my workmanship, but because the blank is so beautiful. All comments are welcome.

Spaltedsignaturo2.jpg

Spaltedsignaturo2.jpg

Jim Smith

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

Looks great. Looks like spalted signature to me... It's a Hawaiian wood. Spalts very well. I think they also call the tree an autograph tree because you can write on the leaves and people often do. Somebody from Hawaii can fill in the gaps.

Lenny

If the finish is even nicer in person than it must be FABULOUS because it sure looks good here! I've never heard of that wood before but it sures is a beauty! Well done!

Top Bottom