Spalted Pecan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kinggabby

kinggabby

Well did the best I could with what I have. What yall think?

Attachments

• spaltedpecan 002.jpg
    spaltedpecan 002.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 196
  • spaltedpecan 001.jpg
    spaltedpecan 001.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 138
  • spaltedpecan 003.jpg
    spaltedpecan 003.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 169
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

Your picture clarity is much better, and the finish looks good.

You might want to experiment with a different background... A plain, white sheet works really well. Also, if you are using photo editing software, I'd consider changing the light/dark a bit to show the wood a little better.

Here's what I did just messing around with photoshop.
photo-fun.jpg

Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
That's some pretty nice spalted pecan there:biggrin:. Looks like you're coming right along. I also agree, try using a white background, just to see the difference.

ldb2000

Looking much better , your fit and finish look much better now . Get more light on your pen and loose the aweful prop you are using , no matter how good the pen looks that thing detracts from it and you end up looking at it instead of the pen .

RAdams

Banned
Lookin good!!!

Now if we can get your photos closer to your pen turning skills!

Maybe use a pen blank as a prop. Just lay it on the sheet, or white computer paper at an angle, and lay the pen across the edge at an opposite angle type situation... Look around in the photo gallery for some really good examples! Keep em coming!!

kinggabby

That prop was the rosebush I had posted about a while back. I think it would have been better if like everyone said had a lighter back drop. But I don't think there is much more I can do with this camera. It is a cheapo and my wife had it about 1-2 years before we met . It is a Concord 3040 AF if anyone knows anything about this camera that might help please let me know.

SDB777

Unfortunately the 'prop' takes away from the 'target'.....

I know how well spalted pecan turns out(I've got like three hundred blanks of this stuff laying around), and from what I can see{around the prop}...it looks good.

Scott (the pen needs to be the featured item) B

Top Bottom