Spalted Oak for Jordanian Teacher pen #31

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob777

My 31st pen is a spalted oak SL, with a manzanita burl CB. The CB was added as an oops ring, which I cut oversized, to make up the extra space for the CB. I love this material. It was given to our house-mate, who is visiting from Jordan. She looked at my pics and loved the spalted oak pen I did for my friend and so I chose that wood. It is especially nice for her, as it is from Delaware, where we live. She will be at a nearby university for 3 more weeks and will be doing a little free advertising. She is a teacher in a program to bring Arabic English teachers here to experience American culture.

She will have a memento from her trip to the USA, that will last a long time, I hope.
Rob

2 views of 1 pen
2006628131516_DSCN2564.jpg

2006628131524_DSCN2566.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Very nice Rob! I'm sure she'll cherish it, and the other memories of her time with you guys. I'm glad to see that our visit didn't scare her off from the thought of a custom pen! [:D]

BigRob777

Thanks Guys,
The dip at the CB doesn't seem to show up too much. I had already turned one end down for the kit cb, when I tore out the other end. I switched ends, when I put the cb on it. I tried to smooth it out, but didn't want another episode of exposing the tube.
Actually Jim, she wanted to watch us turn pens at the BBQ. I got so caught up in the awesome conversations, that I completely forgot. I'll give her a demo some time this week.
Ken,
I have more of it (though most of it has tiny worm holes in it) if you need more.
Rob

jssmith3

Hey Rob, I think that is a beautiful pen and momento for her to take home. I am sure it will bring her fantastic memories of her trip, who knows, maybe she will take up turning [:0]
Great job,
Janet :)

BigRob777

Thanks Guys,
I don't know why I renamed this, I guess I only wanted to keep my numbers straight. I added the number to the title. I love this wood and have a ton of it, but I have to sort out the livestock. Actually, they're all dead, I just need to find it without tunnels.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom