Spalted Oak Havana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpens

This is a Havana fountain pen made from Rich's spalted figured Oak. The customer wanted the longer body that is part of the rollerball kit rather than the Little Havana body. I am not used to working with Oak. It is so hard, it takes quite a while to remove the sanding marks as you progress through the Micromesh.
SpaltedOak.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Wow, Jim. That's a Grand Slam of a pen. La Habana Magnifico! I never paid $4 for an oak blank until these from Rich, but I've got to say that they are worth every penny!

woodpens

Lou,
I've never paid $4 per blank of Oak either until these came along. The truth is this particular Oak blank was a freebie that Rich threw in with some other blanks I bought from him. That's quite a bonus!

WoodChucker

Jim, that's a beautiful pen and I agree about that spalted oak. It's without a doubt some nice stuff and worth the bigger price tag. Nice work!

wayneis

Thats beautiful Jim, I really like that wood. I just finished a four piece desk set for my Wife with that wood and it also turned out really nice. I think that I'll post pic's of too.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom