Spalted Myrtle on Titanium Hybrid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

This is a piece of spalted Myrtle I brought back from Oregon last year. It is adorned with a gold titanium Cambridge Hybrid from Berea Hardwoods.

The customer was very happy with it. :)

Martin

Attachments

• MyrtleHybrid-9240.jpg
    MyrtleHybrid-9240.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 233
  • MyrtleHybrid-9241.jpg
    MyrtleHybrid-9241.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 263
  • MyrtleHybrid-9242.jpg
    MyrtleHybrid-9242.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 150
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Martin, That is a beautiful pen and some gorgeous photos! I'm surprised that you didn't use one of your new coupler/centerbands to dispense with the black plastic one. Thank you for showing. Regards, Doc

MartinPens

wizard said:
Martin, That is a beautiful pen and some gorgeous photos! I'm surprised that you didn't use one of your new coupler/centerbands to dispense with the black plastic one. Thank you for showing. Regards, Doc

Doc, I so wanted to go custom with this one and have more of this wood to do so with. This pen was a replacement for a customer who came to me with two different El Grande pens I had made a couple years back (He wanted El Grande pens - and I hadn't discover the higher end kits yet.). Both of the El Grande pens were falling apart and had heavy use as he used them in his job every day. Fortunately, he is a good friend and was understanding about my learning curve with lower end kits. I made him this one and secured all the parts with a light application of thin CA.

Over the past year I have contacted customers who have purchased El Grande and Churchill kits from me to make sure they are holding up. I replace the nib coupler for free and any other part failures for free.

Right after I made this pen for my friend, Timberbits made available the Roman Harvest kit (basically the Cambridge Hybrid without the black ring) and I have ordered several. After securing the parts with thin CA on this pen, there is no way I can replace the nib coupler - but this is a great kit and I think it will hold up well.

So many custom pens I want to make and so little time!.... Thanks for the comments - I have a custom pen with this wood in the que, so keep an eye out for it. I just got some more cactus juice and will stabilize prior to doing the custom "no-ring" pen. Your photos rock, Doc, so thanks for the comment on the photography!

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom