Spalted Maple ElGrande

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DWK5150

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWK5150

Well this is my very first Elgrande that didnt explode on me when I was almost finished. I was about to give up on this kit and I got lucky with this one. Only took 3 tries to finally get it. Its a spalted maple RB. Whats every one think?? Whats everyone think of pic Im trying to figure out my photoshop still.

2005101031236_DSC00376.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

The pen looks great. Its hard to go wrong with spalted maple.

My only thought is it looks like you are using your flash in your pic. If you can come up with lighting where you don't have to flash you'll have a more even exposure. That way the background won't be dark. The clarity and focus are great though. Its hard to beat good ol' daylight for the right lighting.

DWK5150

Kevin,
Yes I am using a flash cause right now I dont have any lights I can use but I am working on setting something up a little more permanent to use.

Johnny,
No this blank was not stabilized. the first 2 I tried were though and one was a maple burl and the other was a stabilized spalted maple. I know my tools were sharp cause I managed to slice my hand pretty good on one of them on accident. Dont ask how I did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom