Spalted Maple?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpens

This is a "Perfect Fit" fountain pen from Berea. It's not a kit you see much of anymore. The wood at the centerband tends to get out of round if you don't come up with a trick to fill the gap between the wood and bushing. The tube does not go the length of the upper barrel. Anyway, the wood is supposedly spalted Maple. I got it on eBay a long time ago. I'm not convinced it is Maple, but I like it. Anybody recognize it?

tn_pgjl17.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leatherjunkie

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That pen is a beaut.
the wood blanks and pen are great too.
wish i could get me hands on some of that wood.

alamocdc, drop me a line if you would be willing to part with a few blanks of that wood.

woodpens

Originally posted by oobak
<br />It really is a nice pen.The wood makes all the difference.
I Have never tried a perfect fit. Besides the unperfect fit, is it a nice kit to make?
Other than the center band, it is a piece of cake. It is similar to the Juniors and Baron. The wood, rather than the brass tube, rides on the center band bushing. I have found that putting a small strip of a Post-it note around the bushing solves the problem. I think the Perfect Fit series kits are the nicest of their time, before the manufacturers took many chances with high-end kits. I am soooo thankful they are past that now. We have groups such as the PMG, Yahoo Penturners and this one to thank for that. It is hard to turn down a thousand screaming penturners! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom