Spalted Mango Closed End

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

I think the more pictures I take, the worse I get. I really like this pen, but spalted mango can sure be punky. No telling how many coats of CA to get this one smooth. I really like the feather effect from this blank. This is for one of my brothers-in-law. Only 4 or 5 more family members to go . . . . . . . YEAH!!

Pen72-B.jpg

Pen72-A.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

This is the one you were telling me about? The soft stuff?

Looks better then you described! I like the feathering effect through the piece.

Was this a Gent kit that you used for the parts?

Scott (awesomeness, that's a real word) B

socdad

Nicely done … If you're handing out such beauties to 'family' I remember my great uncle Max telling me that my cousins sister in laws brothers father has Dupras for last name & might be from Little Rock … :redface:

BSea

Thanks for all the nice comments. I sure wish my photos could show the real color variations in this wood. It was so much nicer than the pictures show.

This is the one you were telling me about? The soft stuff?

Looks better then you described! I like the feathering effect through the piece.

Was this a Gent kit that you used for the parts?

Scott (awesomeness, that's a real word) B

Hey Scott,

Yes this is the one I was telling you about. Super soft wood. I believe it was even softer than some of your spalted pecan.:eek: And it was a jr Gent 1 kit.

Nicely done … If you're handing out such beauties to 'family' I remember my great uncle Max telling me that my cousins sister in laws brothers father has Dupras for last name & might be from Little Rock … :redface:
You were so close. If you had left off the "father" at the end, you might have had me going. My sister's husband is originally from Ohio, and has all kinds of family (including cousins) from Ohio. And also since my Dad doesn't live in LR, you missed out.:biggrin:

However, just to be fair, if you know my brother in law's last name, and where he lives, I'll give it to you. And based on the family tree you describe, you should know this, because I think he might be your brother.:wink:

Top Bottom