!!!Spalted Guava!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jmhoff10500

Jmhoff10500

This pen was my project as well as the light dispersion box i built to take pictures of it... It is made of Spalted Guava i got from a trade a while back. If anyone knows where i can get some more of it from, or if you were the person who traded it with me, please let me know cause i would really like some more... I was also experimenting with techniques of taking the pictures so if you guys wouldn't mind, please post which picture you like best, Thanks!

P1190144.jpgP1190146.jpgP1190152.jpgP1190155.jpgP1190157.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

As a kid growing up in Tampa we had a guava tree in the yard and I've always enjoyed eating them and have also eaten guava paste and jelly but sure didn't know the wood would look that great.
My vote #3

Rmartin

Very nice. I wanted to say 4 because of the lighting, but the more I look, I think it's a tad too much, so I'm going with 5. But, there's always a but, I like plexi for displaying pens, but not for photos. I think if you lay the pen down, you will get a more even light from top to bottom.

Rick_G

Pens look slightly out of focus but my vote is for #4. Not the background that much but the lighting for the pen seems better. A nice looking piece of wood, I can understand why you want more.

Bree

Wow... that's the first time that I have seen Spalted Guava or any guava for that matter! Great job!.
:eek::eek::eek:

Had been researching on Guava wood on FPN when I came across your post. Brilliant wood pens you have created. In my place at Kolkata we used to make catapaults with this wood, excellent hard and tensile wood. Cheap and easily available here, commercially used as stove feed by village people due to high oil content. My next pens would be made on this wood.

Tom T

Very nice for sure. Great wood and great turn.
There are lots of Guava trees here in Florida. Not sure who to ask about getting one. I will keep an eye out. #5

LeeR

Hey guys, I prefer number 5 as well. I'm not sure how much this will help him though.. He hasn't been on in 16 months! :eek:

Funny! I often miss the original posting date when I jump into a new post Maybe he is pursuing guava harvesting, or, possibly a career in photography. Let's hope for the best -- that he didn't eat some bad guava and, well, uh, nevermind ...

Fishinbo

Like the fruit but I never thought that spalted guava is that beautiful. It has pretty grains and colors which suits the kit and great finish. Great job!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
A beautiful set of pens. I like the look of the guava and it a great pairing with the kits. I'm picking #3 as well. Great fit and finish.

Top Bottom