Spalted gent plus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick P

Rick P

First pen is a spalted cotton wood root Jr Gent, rather happy with it. Comments as always welcome and encouraged.

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Resize Wizard-2.jpg
    Resize Wizard-2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

And a sierra in bocote........trying to use up some old stock and vary current stock a bit.

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-3.jpg
    Resize Wizard-3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Resize Wizard-4.jpg
    Resize Wizard-4.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 149

Hubert H

I really like the spalted cotton wood. I'm old enough to remember when spalted/rotting wood was good for nothing. Now we make some of the nicest things with it. Very nice pen. HWH

D.Oliver

Not to take anything away from your second pen, but that cottonwood is WOW! Is that some of the stuff you harvested?

Great looking pens! I also like the salted Cottonwood.
Ron

Dang it. Doc says I need to cut back on things that are salted.

Rick P

Yes it is. This one came from a stump I moved while clearing some of my land. I am moving to all reclaimed woods, when the exotics I have are gone that's it unless I get a special order. I get a lot more out of the stuff I harvest, it sells better and its more environmentally responsible.

I will still be doing a lot of antler, bone and ivory work but most of that comes form similar sources.........the moose and caribou antler is from my dinner. The sea mammal stuff from a native bone yard, most of it is centuries old.

D.Oliver

Yes it is. This one came from a stump I moved while clearing some of my land. I am moving to all reclaimed woods, when the exotics I have are gone that's it unless I get a special order. I get a lot more out of the stuff I harvest, it sells better and its more environmentally responsible.

I will still be doing a lot of antler, bone and ivory work but most of that comes form similar sources.........the moose and caribou antler is from my dinner. The sea mammal stuff from a native bone yard, most of it is centuries old.

That's awesome and with as good as your cottonwood pen looks, it has just as much eye appeal as any exotics wood.

Rick P

Thank you very much gentelmen. I still have two very big birch stumps to cut up that look very promising, several small spruce stumps and a heavily burled birch tree to process.

Top Bottom