Spalted Elk Antler?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hrtndlr

hrtndlr

I'm not sure if spalted is the correct term. Tycoon pen vacuum/pressure stabilized with water clear alumilite. Looking for some feedback on time under vacuum and pressure. Do I need to repeat vac/press cycle to completely degas? Is it ok to go "cold turkey" when releasing vacuum or should it be released slowly? My first posted pic! Thanks. Appreciate your comments. hrtndlr

Attachments

• IMG_5456.jpg
    IMG_5456.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_5458.jpg
    IMG_5458.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveWatson

Nice looking pen! I don't know much about Elk antler but I am sure spalted is not the word your looking for, I definitely like the pen and the colors are very unique.

JohnU

A nice looking pen. If you didnt color it, I would say it was near the end of velvet so being just hard enough to turn but still full of blood. The red part will be in the marow and the whiter smoother parts would be the outter antler texture. I love the look of Elk antler but Ive never turne antler that has so much marow and so little outter thickness.

wiset1

Real beauty, but I bet that stunk up the shop. I recently turned a gator blank and ICK...the entire garage was like a sewage pit. Beauty though!!!

Top Bottom