Spalted Cinnamon from the Big Island

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
The blank is Spalted Cinnamon from Chris Allen ( KALAI on the forum )He has some very nice wood . Thanks Chris ! The kit is , Sierra Blk TI & Plat. CA / BLO buffed with white diamond . Thanks for looking . Still working on photos !! Any critiques welcome . [8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
HA HA !!!! I keep forgettin

20083306525_IMG_0052.jpg

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, I love that spalt pattern! I looked a while ago, and figured you were still 'working' on the photos! hehe...I hate when I forget little things like attaching the photos that I'm describing. [:p]

Great looking pen, does that stuff actually smell like cinnamon?

Dan_F

Dale---A couple of things that will help your photos. It looks like your white balance may be off. Look up how to set it in your camera manual, it's pretty simple to do. It will give you more accurate color.

Your photo is under exposed, needs a little longer exposure. See this link for a very good explanation of exposure. Learning this will save you countless headaches in the future. http://blog.richnetapps.com/index.php/exposure

It's also slightly out of focus, so either your camera is not focusing properly on the pen, or you need to use a tripod to hold the camera steady. My guess is the latter. The whole thing is uniformly out of focus, so this isn't a depth of field thing.

Dan

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Karl , at 2:00 AM & 5 BUDS , I was so happy to finally get the FILE SIZE down ! Senior moments ! :D

Dan , I could swear that photo was in focus ! I do use a tripod with a 10 second timer . Thanks for the link . I will have time after the race , to check it out , and read up in the two manuals that came with this camera . Thanks for the help ! [:eek:)]

toolcrazy

Very nice pen. I hope you don't mind, but I did some enhancing of your photo. This is just a quickie and it isn't perfect, but it does improve it a bit.
20083302165_20083306525_IMG_0052.jpg

bitshird

Chuck, thats a nice looking Sierra, I'm with Karl I love that spalting pattern. does Cinnamon smell like cinnamon when you work it?? Nah seriously does it?

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by dalecamino

Karl , at 2:00 AM & 5 BUDS , I was so happy to finally get the FILE SIZE down ! Senior moments ! :D

Dan , I could swear that photo was in focus ! I do use a tripod with a 10 second timer . Thanks for the link . I will have time after the race , to check it out , and read up in the two manuals that came with this camera . Thanks for the help ! [:eek:)]

hehe...I think at 2 a.m. and 5 Buds, that photo was in focus! [:p]

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Steve , I don't mind at all . That is much better . I did some reading in the manuals tonight , and found I have had my camera too close to the pen . Minimum distance is 1.1 FT . So I backed the camera away & used the zoom . Adjusted the white balance & edited the sharpness . I think I'm getting there .

20083312286_IMG_0058.jpg

Dan_F

Chuck---agreed, much better pic. I would be inclined to let more of the spalting show when the pen is in use, so would rotate the clip a quarter turn or so toward you in reference to the picture.

Dan

Top Bottom