Spalted Buckeye Burl Sketch Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I've had this wood from Dario for quite a while and have been avoiding it since it had quite a few holes. Finally decided to make a sketch pencil from it and filled the holes with Chrysocolla. I have a show this weekend and will have four sketch pencils. I usually have a couple and sell them all, so we'll see what happens if I have more. CA finish knocked down with 0000 steel wool.

200611303435_BuckeyeSketch.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Gary, I've never had extra lead. People ask where they can get it, I tell them, they buy the pencil.[8D] But, I might change.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Very,very nice, Gerry. You guys are going to talk me into trying this kit. The only problem is that the only artist that I know is too poor to buy anything, which means I'll give her one.

Ligget

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Very,very nice, Gerry. You guys are going to talk me into trying this kit. The only problem is that the only artist that I know is too poor to buy anything, which means I'll give her one.

William-I think she would rather have the pencil! lol[:eek:)]

Great work Gerry!

Ausdan

Did the steel wool just knock a little shine from the finish Gerry - provide a more 'satin looking finish'? Great job & best of luck with the show.

gerryr

Originally posted by Ausdan
<br />Did the steel wool just knock a little shine from the finish Gerry - provide a more 'satin looking finish'?

Yes. I've done this to about a dozen pens to see what customers think.

Ausdan

I like the finish - I think you've achieved a very nice looking finish!... You're right - your customers will provide the best judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom