Spalted Beech Closed End Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

Ok guys,here is my first thread and my first pen to show.It isn't my first pen,i still need to take pictures the first few and they are going back on the lathe for refinishing,but it is one of my first ones.It is also one of my first pictures with my new camera,so the pics aren't great,but get better later.
Wood is Spalted Beech that came from a tree that had a bee hive in it.Kit was a Blk Ti. slimline with no center band.I am really pleased with the way it turned out as it was probably the 5th pen i made,didnt use the center band, and my first closed end.The finish doesn't look high gloss but it is,I just didn't have my lighting set up well enough to show the gloss.6-8 coats of medium CA,all the micro mesh,novus 2,and finished with Renwax.

Comments welcome.

More to come later.

Justin

Attachments

• DSC_0736.jpg
    DSC_0736.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_0716.jpg
    DSC_0716.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC_0714.jpg
    DSC_0714.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wb7whi

Nice job. I think I would have liked to have seen a a thin acrylic center band just for a bit of contrast. Blue maybe. Very thin so as not to be distracting.
Hang in there. Soon you will be doing 1 piece tubes and hidden clips. Slimlines are a kick.

ctubbs

Beautiful timber, good fit and finish. The shape is novel and well thought out. Good pen. Congratulations.
Charles

Top Bottom