Spalted Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Heres my first Baron. Wood is spalted red oak, black titanium Baron.

Any comments/criticisms appreciated.

Stan

200751823138_Spalted%20Baron1%20(204%20x%20800).jpg

200751823231_Spalted%20Baron2%20(600%20x%20400).jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Husky

I agree with the background. I just grabbed a placmat off the kitchen table and took it outside to shoot the pic.

Personally, I'm not sure I like the wood all that much. To mee the spalting is somewhat overpowering(seems too "blobby") Maybe it will grow on me(like a fungus?)

Husky

Mikey--Thanks for the kind words. Thats one of the kits you picked up for me last month.

Jerryconn--I purchased about 6 of those blanks on eBay. They looked interesting and I thought I'd take the chance and see what kind of pens they would make.

TBone

You're right....too blobby....send it to me and you won't have to look at it [:D]
I think it looks great. Are the lines naturally in the wood or did you turn that?

Husky

Originally posted by TBone
<br />You're right....too blobby....send it to me and you won't have to look at it [:D]
I think it looks great. Are the lines naturally in the wood or did you turn that?

Everything is natural on this blank. All I did was to turn it, and finiish with CA. This was my first spalted blank and after everything I've heard about them breaking up, I took very light cuts and was very pleased with my luck/success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom