Spalted Ash Retro with Custom Bezel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from igran7

igran7

I guess the title says it all. This is the first retro I've done, but not the last. I like the possibilities for customization. Made with Spalted Ash and finished with CA/BLO. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• Retro II 005 (600 x 458).jpg
    Retro II 005 (600 x 458).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Retro II 002 (600 x 307).jpg
    Retro II 002 (600 x 307).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

That looks great Joe. I like the Retro a lot. I haven't tried removing the bezel, will have to give that a go. All this time I've been calling it a finial :redface:

ldb2000

Beautiful Pen Joe . I like the finial and the blank is really nice . I think you should have made it a closed end so the ends would have matched and showed off more of that wood .

igran7

That looks great Joe. I like the Retro a lot. I haven't tried removing the bezel, will have to give that a go. All this time I've been calling it a finial :redface:

Thanks Keith. I usually call it a finial as well, but someone corrected me saying it is actually a bezel on the finial. I dunno for sure, either way works.

igran7

Beautiful Pen Joe . I like the finial and the blank is really nice . I think you should have made it a closed end so the ends would have matched and showed off more of that wood .

Thanks Butch.
I thought about making it a closed ender but my blank wasn't long enough and I really wanted to try the bezel/finial thing on the Retro...I do have another kit though, and plenty of wood.

talbot

Great looking pen and the finial gives it that little 'extra'. It looks like a good kit to have a play around with.
regards, Bill

DSallee

Another great pen Joe. I really like how you made the custom finial to match! I'm gonna have to try that some day.

Thanks for sharing
Dave

Top Bottom